Between the United Nations General Assembly meeting and the Clinton Global Initiative, UN week in New York is always a fascinating, hectic and exhilarating week. Last year, a new event was thrown into the mix: The Social Good Summit. About 1,000 people hung around the 92Y in Manhattan for three days of inspiring meetings, lectures, presentations and interviews about how social media and emerging communication technologies are being harnessed for the global good.
I had the pleasure of participating in a few sessions. I’m glad to pass along news that it will be repeated. Mashable–which along with the 92Y and the UN Foundation are the event organizers — just posted this neat video as way of announcement of the Second Annual Social Good Summit on September 19.
- Ronit Avni, Founder and Executive Director, Just Vision
- Matthew Bishop, American Business Editor and New York Bureau Chief, The Economist
- Pete Cashmore, CEO and Founder, Mashable
- Beth Comstock, Chief Marketing Officer and SVP, GE
- Ami Dar, Founder and Executive, Idealist.org
- David Jones, Global CEO, Havas and Global CEO, Euro RSCG Worldwide and Co-founder, One Young World
- Nancy Lublin, CEO, Do Something
- Simon Mainwaring, Founder/Author, WE FIRST
- Alec Ross, Senior Adviser for Innovation, in the Office of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- Raj Shah, USAID Administrator, United States Agency for International Development
- Ted Turner, Chairman, Turner Enterprises, Inc. and the United Nations Foundation
- Elie Wiesel, President, Elie Weisel Foundation for Humanity
- Muhammad Yunus, Grameen Bank
Come one, come all!